Wednesday 26 January 2011

John cage






don't make sound, don't say a word

I remeber the first time when I saw his work was in koeing bookshop, that was a rainy day, I walked down the charing cross rd, I was trying to find the famous 84 charing cross rd , obviously ,because of the film. then I pop in the bookshop, I though that was the one I had been looking for. Then I turned the page of the first book I saw on the shelf, that was John cage.

Now, as I mentioned before, I am working on my second essay, so I look up many artist, then I find a very familiar name pop up, yes, I came cross John cage. I start to listen his music, the most famous silent 4, 33, actually it is a performance rather than a piece of music.

John Milton Cage Jr. (September 5, 1912 – August 12, 1992) was an American composer, philosopher, poet, music theorist, artist, printmaker,[1] and amateur mycologist and mushroom collector.

mushroon collector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment